- BCU Type: 480
- Main Voltage: 115 V AC (R)
Final Stock - Replaced with BCU 4 Series
The burner control units BCU 480 control, ignite and monitor gas burners for intermittent or continuous operation. As a result of their fully electronic design, they react quickly to various process requirements and are therefore suitable for frequent cycling operation.
- For pilot and main burners in intermittent or continuous operation
- Replace the local control cabinet
- Flame control by UV, ionization or a further option of using the furnace chamber temperature
- Display of the program status, unit parameters and flame signal; Manual mode for burner adjustment and for diagnostic purposes
They can be used for industrial burners of unlimited capacity which are ignited by pilot burners. Pilot and main burners may be modulating or stage-controlled. The BCU 480 monitors pilot and main burners independently. The pilot burner can burn permanently or be switched off. The BCU is installed near the burner to be monitored.
On industrial furnaces, the BCU reduces the load on the central furnace control by taking over tasks that only relate to the burner, for example it ensures that the burner always ignites in a safe condition when it is restarted.
The air valve control assists the furnace control for cooling, purging and capacity control tasks. The program status, the unit parameters and the level of the flame signal can be read directly from the unit. The burner can be controlled manually for commissioning and diagnostic purposes.
If the local requirements on the burner control unit change, the PC software “BCSoft” can be adjusted to the unit parameters of the application by using the optical interface.