- BCU Type: 570
- Main Voltage: 120 V AC, 50/60 Hz (Q)
- Valve Proving System: TC and POC (C1)
- Capacity Control: Interface for IC actuator (F1)
- Electrical Connection Type: Screw terminals (K1)
Burner control unit BCU 570 controls, ignites, and monitors industrial individual burners and forced draught burners of unlimited capacity in intermittent or continuous operation. It can be used for directly ignited burners or burners ignited by a gas pilot.
- For monitoring and controlling modulating individual burners and forced draught burners of unlimited capacity
- For directly ignited burners or burners ignited by a gas pilot in intermittent or continuous operation
- Perform safety functions in accordance with EN 746-2 and EN 676
- Optional valve proving system/POC input
- Flexible range of applications due to parameterization possibilities
- Optional bus module for fieldbus connection
The BCU 570 has an interface for control elements for burner capacity control. Both actuators (IC 20, IC 40, 3-point step and RBW) and frequency converters can be controlled. A valve proving system can be integrated as an option.
The BCU 570 activates the fan and sets a connected actuator or frequency converter to pre-purge and ignition positions. If the centrally checked safety requirements, e.g. prepurge, flow detector and pressure switch check, have been met, the BCU 570 starts the burner. An enable signal is then issued to an external temperature controller which controls the actuator or frequency converter in accordance with the capacity demand.
The BCU 570 monitors the gas and air pressure. The optionally integrated valve proving system checks the valves by checking an external gas pressure switch or by checking whether the gas valve on the inlet side is closed.
Using the BCSoft program, the parameters, analysis, and diagnostic information can be read from the BCU via the optionally available opto-adapter. All valid parameters are saved on the integrated parameter chip card. The parameter chip card can be removed easily when the unit is replaced, and inserted into a new BCU to transfer the parameters.
An integrated Manual mode allows the manual activation of the burner control units and adjustment of the butterfly valves.